The Jerusalem Quarterly is eager to receive original contributions about Jerusalem, its history and political realities. Essays range from 3,500 to 12,000 words, depending on the subject matter. Only rarely do we accept personal memoirs or fiction works.
Queries should be directed to the JQ Managing Editor: email@example.com
- Our journals use British English spelling and punctuation. Authors are requested to consult the Chicago Manual during the preparation of manuscripts for all questions relating to punctuation, capitalization, and the like.
- All articles must use the Chicago style of footnote citation. All footnotes must be placed at the end of the manuscript; citations within the text of the manuscript are not acceptable. The Chicago style requires a complete citation – author, title, place of publication, publisher, and date of publication – upon first use of a source, and an abbreviated form of citation thereafter.
- Any transliteration of Arabic names should follow the styles used by the
- All articles submitted to our journals are sent to the readers for evaluation. Authors should allow four to eight weeks from the date of submission for a final evaluation of the articles.
- The author should include a short identification of him/herself.
- Photos and figures (charts, graphs, and other artwork) should be in camera-ready form; they cannot be redrawn by the printer. Captions should be provided, and preferred placement of figures indicated in the manuscript.
Books for review should be sent to:
The Institute of Palestine Studies
P.O. Box 487
19 Emile Habibi Street
Tel: (009702) 2989108
Fax: (009702) 2950767