March 14, 2023
Interactive Encyclopedia of the Palestine Question
Place | al-Faluja village, situated 30 kilometers north-east of the city of Gaza, was attacked and partly destroyed by Zionist forces on 14 March 1948. It was completely destroyed and depopulated in April 1949 after the Egyptian brigade had left the “Faluja pocket” as a result of the Israeli-Egyptian armistice agreement. Today, the foundations of the village mosque, a dilapidated well and a cistern are all that remain of the village.
Read about the al-Faluja in The Interactive Encyclopedia of the Palestine Question.