The Institute for Palestine Studies has been working for almost a decade on the development of an Interactive Encyclopedia of the Palestine Question, in the framework of a joint project with the Palestinian Museum. So far totaling over 850,000 words of original texts produced by IPS, the Arabic-English platform (https://www.palquest.org) is an on-going project that is intended to include additional contents and new components. This requires a fairly important effort to determine the topics that still need to be addressed, to reach new potential authors and ensure the high quality of their production, and to identify already published material that should be updated.
IPS is therefore looking to hire an editor whose responsibility will be to manage and coordinate, under the editor in chief’s supervision, the process of production of new contents for the Encyclopedia:
- Suggest topics for the drafting of new highlights and thematic chronologies.
- Identify and contact potential authors.
- Agree with authors on the tentative structure and content of their draft.
- Follow up with authors throughout the drafting process to meet deadlines.
- Assess the submitted draft and request changes if necessary.
- Coordinate the process of editing, translation, and final copy editing of the draft.
- Ensure that the contents of the Encyclopedia are regularly updated with new information.
- Master's degree with 4 years experience or PhD in Middle East studies or related field.
- Proven fluency in written English and Arabic.
- Excellent research and editing skills.
- This is a half-time position, preferably in Beirut, or Ramallah; teleworking is possible otherwise.
- Basis of honorarium to be mutually agreed.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position and your name in the subject line.
Application deadline: March 31, 2023.