Communications and Outreach Assistant (20 hrs/week, hybrid — Washington, DC)
The Institute for Palestine Studies-USA is looking for a Communications and Outreach Assistant to join our Washington, DC office. This individual will work closely with the Director and the Senior Editor of Digital Strategy and Communications to help run daily operations.
This position is only open to residents of the DC, Maryland, and Virginia region.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google spreadsheets
- Tech-savvy and digitally literate
- Assist the Director with outreach to constituents
- Perform data entry, transcription, and other clerical tasks
- Fundraising research and grant-writing, in coordination with DC staff
- Manage virtual events in coordination with the Sr. Editor of Digital Strategy
- Process book orders, including shipping management
- Update and maintain donor database on Salesforce
- Assist with scheduling social media content
- Provide administrative support as needed
- May require sorting of archival documents and books
Application deadline: February 1, 2023 at 11:59pm ET.
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected] for consideration.
The Assistant will work closely with the Director, Stephen Bennett, and the Senior Editor of Digital Strategy and Communications, Laura Albast. Please address your letter to both.
We encourage candidates to reach out and ask questions. We’re looking for a team player—someone who is committed to our mission of producing and preserving knowledge about Palestine.
The Institute for Palestine Studies-USA is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit academic research institute located in Georgetown, Washington, DC. Its mission is exclusively devoted to educational research and documentation on Palestinian affairs and the Arab-Israeli conflict.