The Institute for Palestine Studies-USA (IPS-USA) has an opening for a Communications and Social Media Manager in the Georgetown Office.
IPS is the pre-eminent independent institution for research, information, and analysis on the question of Palestine. IPS was founded in 1963 in Beirut, Lebanon and has a branch office in Ramallah, West Bank. IPSUS is an affiliate of IPS registered in the United States as a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization and based in Washington, DC. IPS-USA publishes the Journal of Palestine Studies as well as books, monographs, and a blog in addition to hosting roundtables and conferences on issues affecting Palestine and the Middle East. We partner with universities and think tanks from around the world to promote unique research and expansion of the dialogue on the question of Palestine.
The current position requires professionalism, independence, accuracy, and effectiveness in ensuring the growth of IPS’ online presence, particularly the main website, blog, and social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. This full-time position works under the supervision of the Executive Director of the Institute and closely with the Marketing and Development Manager.
The general responsibilities of this position are designing effective online campaigns for digital fundraising and sales, managing and producing content for the IPS-USA blog in coordination with the blog editorial committee, working with the Journal of Palestine Studies staff for the quarterly Journal release video and materials, creating social media posts, website and database maintenance, coordinating with counterpart(s) at the IPS Beirut and Ramallah offices responsible for IPS Arabic-language website and social media accounts, and quarterly reporting on website and social media analytics.
- Working knowledge and experience with social media, digital platforms, and analytics reporting
- Knowledge of database creation and management
- Strong English language and editing skills
- Experience with Salesforce software, Microsoft professional suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Broad knowledge of the Middle East and of Palestine in particular
- Bachelor’s degree in Middle East/Palestine studies, PR, Journalism, Communications, history or international relations, graduate training preferred
- At least two years professional experience in the same or similar field
- Competent reading knowledge of Arabic is highly desirable
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position and your name in the subject line by 6 PM 18 June 2019.