Two Digital Content Production & Outreach Internships (12 hrs/week – paid) | 12 weeks
The Institute for Palestine Studies-USA is looking for two passionate and creative interns to join our team. They will closely work with the Senior Editor of Digital Strategy and Communications. Candidates should be current undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in a communications, journalism, political science, English or related major. Recent graduates welcome to apply. These are remote opportunities open to candidates worldwide.
Interns will also receive an orientation, a skills-training session, and a shipment of IPS publications.
- Basic Canva skills with a keen eye for clean design;
- Excellent knowledge of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook social media practices;
- Ability to work independently and to make informed decisions;
- Ability to critically read articles and pull information in a timely basis;
- Basic knowledge of the history of the Middle East and specifically Palestinian history;
- Detail oriented and time management skills;
- Arabic language-skills (not required but preferred for at least one of the two available slots)
- Create and suggest relevant social media posts for IPS publications and projects including the Journal of Palestine Studies, Jerusalem Quarterly, the Palestine Square blog, and The Palestine Chronology database.
- Assist in the development and implementation of social media strategy, outreach for fundraising and artwork, as well as participate in live-tweeting and organizing events.
- Monitor the news cycle surrounding Palestinian cultural and political affairs
- Write and publish one blogpost by the end of the program duration
- Some research and data entry tasks
- Some translation tasks from Arabic to English (optional, depending on skill)
Stipend: $250 per month.
Internship duration: February 6, 2023 – April 28, 2023
Application deadline: January 13, 2023
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected] for consideration.
The Institute for Palestine Studies-USA is a 501 (c)(3) academic research institute located in Georgetown, Washington, DC. Its mission is exclusively devoted to educational research and documentation on Palestinian affairs and the Arab-Israeli conflict.
Please visit www.palestine-studies.org for more information.